Benguet State University is located in La in Trinidad Benguet Province. The university is the foremost agricultural state university in the region. Visitors should not miss the demonstration farms, Food Processing Center, Anthurium Garden, Orchidarium, and others. Benguet State started as the La Trinidad Farm School with 30 Grace V pupils in 1916. The Farm School expanded its services and increased its prominence in La Trinidad. According to earlier reports, the Farm School was “planned to develop into a large regular institution where the best Igorot pupils will be certified to become educators among their own people with emphasis on agriculture.” In 1920, the farm school was elevated as the Trinidad Agricultural School with 188 students enrolled in first year high school. Re-opening after the war in 1946, the institution became the La Trinidad Agricultural High School. Four years later, a provincial normal program was Continue reading
XThe Universidad de Santa Isabel is located in Naga City in Camarines Sur. Founded in 1868, the Universidad de Santa Isabel was the first Normal School for women in the Far East. It was also the seat of the first Bicolano government in area after the Spanish war. Before it was conferred a university status, its name was then known as the Colegio de Sta. Isabel. The Universidad de Santa Isabel is located on Elias Angeles Street in Naga City, Camarines Sur. Continue reading
The Benguet State University Buguias Campus campus covers a wide range of land with the following facilities; playground, social hall, basketball courts, green houses and agricultural lands intended for laboratory experiments. The BSU Campus Buguias Benguet is a potential man-made attraction of the municipality of Buguias. To get to the Buguias Campus, from Baguio to Abatan is about 3-4 hours drive, then, from Abatan to Loo is about 10 minutes drive. Continue reading
It is the oldest university in the Philippines and in Asia. Administered by the Dominican fathers, it was founded on April 11, 1611 by Reverend Father Miguel de Benavides. Originally the College of Our Lady of the Rosary – the university was bestowed the title “Royal” by King Charles III of Spain in 1758, while Pope Leo XIII granted the title “Pontifical” in 1902.
Located originally in Intramuros, it was only transferred to its present site on España Street, Sampaloc, Manila in 1911. The university has 3 ecclesiastical faculties, namely: Theology, Canon law and Philosophy. There are 12 colleges and faculties as well. Owned by the Spanish Dominicans and governed Continue reading