The Provincial Capitol in Dumaguete is located in Negros Oriental. Constructed in 1924, during the American colonization of the Philippines, the building was and inaugurated by Negros Oriental Governor Enrique Villanueva on 25 February 1925. The building is Grecian in character defined by tall Ionic columns. This classic building with its imposing façade faces the Aquino Freedom Park. During this period of American occupation the colonizers hired the services of city planner and architect Daniel Hudson Burnham to design the new provincial capitol. Before it was located in what is now the Serafin Teves residence at the Rizal Boulevard.
The Grecian style dominated American architecture during this period. It was the first truly Continue reading