Nuestra Senora De Gracia Parish Church, more commonly referred to as NSDG, is one of the oldest churches in Metro-Manila. Known for its quaint architecture which lends a certain air of quiet dignity and nostalgia, it was first constructed in 1599 by the Augustinian friars – the oldest religious order in the Philippines – who were led to the islands by the great navigator and explorer Fray Andres de Urdaneta under the command of Miguel Lopez de Legazpi. The parish church and its adjacent monastery are currently administered by the Augustinian friars of the Province of Sto. Niño de Cebu. Named in honor of a miraculous image of the Virgin Mary housed inside, its baroque architecture is marked by four Doric columns and leaf carvings above the main entrance. A big bell tower stands at the right side of the church. The sacristy is behind the apse, while a door at the left side of the altar leads out to an old cemetery.
NSDG’s immediate vicinity includes the Loyola Memorial Chapels and the Guadalupe Minor Seminary. The church is a popular venue for weddings, and the vast gardens of the monastery may also be used for receptions. It is also a favorite location set for television soap operas and advertising shoots.