Museo ning Angeles is located in the Heritage District of Angeles City in Pampanga Province. Also known as the Angeles City Museum, Museo ning Angeles was built in 1922 and served as the Municipio or town hall; it replaced the former La Casa Tribunal built during the construction boom of 1840. Museo ning Angeles is a priceless asset., vintage circa 1920, the building is a museum piece by itself , located at the prime Sto. Rosario Historic District across the Holy Rosary Cathedral. This edifice was constructed in 1922 and served as the “ MUNICIPIO” or Town Hall. The original Town Hall was constructed in 1840, then known as “LA CASA TRIBUNAL” and was a typical “BAHAY NA BATO” with a thatched roof. Its location was about 20 yards to the south of the present structure since the present site was the town “PALENQUE” or Public Market place. In 1855 the market place was razed down by a great fire that endangered the wooden church and the old residences along Sto. Rosario Street, including the “LA CASA TRIBUNAL”. Built of typical Bahay na Bato (stone house) with a thatched roof, its location was about 20 yards to the south of the present structure since the present site was the town “Palenque” or public market. In 1855 the market place was razed down by a great fire that endangered the wooden church and the old residences along Sto. Rosario Street, including the La Casa Tribunal.
For several decades, it served as the town hall of the city until it was transferred to a much bigger building in Brgy. Pulung Cacutud in the same city, thus paving the way to its conversion into what it is now. Today, the museo showcases the history, lifestyle and culture of the Angelenos. It houses the “Balikdan” (a short narration of the chronological account of the city’s history thru photos, illustrations and memorabilia), “Munika” (Kapampangan traditions and values depicted by Patis Tesoro’s Ninay dolls such as The Kusinang Kapampangan, Pascu Na, Manduruquit, etc.), Culinarium (dedication to Kapampangan culinary art and science through exhibits and cooking demonstrations), and the Reynaldo G. Alejandro Culinary Library. From the time it opened in the year 1999, it has been a beehive of activity from exhibits, art classes, concerts, venue for performances and climax for traditional celebrations. Contact Information Ms. Joy Cruz (Executive Director), Old Municipal Bldg., Sto. Rosario St., Sto. Rosario Heritage District, Angeles City, Phone (63 45) 887-4703 Mobile 0915-421-6606 Email email@example.com Website www.angelesmuseum.com / Managed by Kuliat Foundation Inc.