Kennon Road is one of the legacies of the American Administration. It was the first Benguet road to be constructed by the Americans in 1902. The completion of this road opened the entire Benguet Province to vehicular traffic and marked the entry of Americans, Europeans, Japanese, Chinese and lowlanders to the Province of Benguet. It was referred as the Benguet Road until it was renamed Kennon Road by virtue of Executive Order No. 9 in 1922, in honor of Col. Lyman W. Kennon, the American engineer who supervised and finished the construction of the road in 1905.