Toulouse is located in Lucban in Quezon Province. This particular church has had a history of destruction and reconstruction; The first edifice was built in 1593 but was destroyed in 1629. The second church was built between 1630 and 1640, but was burned down by a fire in 1733. The present church was completed in 1738 and its interiors in 1743. It, too, was damaged during World War II and the Philippine Historical Conservation Society completed its renovation in 1966. The church is surrounded by gardens and grottos, and are surrounded by old stone walls regarded locally as the “quince-quince”.