The 1st Abucay Catholic Church, or commonly known as The Church of Abucay, is located at the Abucay town Plaza in Bataan Province. The Church of Abucay was built by Father Geronimo de Belen in the early 1600’s. It was burned down in 1870 and later rebuilt by Father Jose Diego Pelaez. The Spiritual Ministration of Abucay was entrusted to the Dominicans in 1588. A fierce battle between the Dutch and the Pampango Defenders was fought in this court on June 23, 1647. Nearly two hundred Pampangos were put to death and forty others together with the Spanish Alcalde Mayor of Pampanga, Don Antonio de Cabrera, Father Geronimo Sotomayor and Father Tomas Ramos were taken to Batavia on June 23, 1647. The present church was badly damage by the earthquake of September 16, 1852. One of the earliest printing presses in the Philippines was operated in this town as early as 1610 where Father Jose Blancas de San Jose and Juan Vera taught Tomas Pinpin the rigors of writing and printing. This is also the seat of the Partido de Bataan until Balanga became the town and seat of government. The bells donated in 1839/1859 are still housed in this church.